Monday, January 07, 2008

Words of Wisdom

I just finished watching one of the best movies ever made. Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit and it has fully inspired me. I've seen it like 20 times, but the more I watch, the more it gets to me. Maybe it's the fact that I too once went to a Catholic H.S. that I have a little soft spot for it, but it really has an educational purpose.

There were three quotes that inspire me to reach full potential.

"Lemmie remind of something, If you wanna be somebody and you wanna go somewhere, you better wake up and pay attention cause every time something scary comes up and you decide to run, y'all r gonna be running for the rest of your life."

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"

"Don't ask me about being a writer.If when you wake up in the morning and you can think of nothing but writing...then you're a writer."

These quotes are wonderful...Don't let anything block your path to success and make you run from what you're set to do, dont follow in others footsteps--be your own person, and always follow what's in your heart.

To me:
Life is what you make it. You need to follow the path you create for yourself, not what a path that is already drawn out for you.

3 comments:

Make It Happen said...

those quotes are truly encouraging and inspiring. you gotta do what you gotta do!!

Unknown said...

I love that movie!!!

Liquid said...

"Ditto"