Sunday, January 13, 2008

Project Re-decorate

I really been thinking about redecorating my room. Although I'm away at school most of the year, I'd like for my room at home to have a welcome back feeling. Currently the walls are a Hawthorne yellow. Which is a soft shade of yellow.

I read somewhere that Yellow is stimulating, sunny and cheerful. It is associated with intellect, power and creative energy. Pale yellow make small rooms seem larger. Yet with the yellow surrounding me i feel so bland. I want to put up interesting things on the walls and make it feel more like home.

Maybe some cute music art on one wall (Urban Outfitters)

And some offbeat art on the other wall (Urban Outfitters)




Some wall graphics like these blossom wall stickers (courtesy of Sticky Up)


Maybe some cool looking holder for my jewelry (Urban Outfitters)



And lastly throw pillows that symbolize my home NYC (Urban Outfitters)



With so many options, I really need to get started on Project Re-decorate...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these decorations! the wall art is so cool..

kokostiletto said...

i love those pillows. i almost ordered those from urban outiftters!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I'm planning a trip to Montreal next month just to go shopping at urban outfitters and H & M!! I'm so hooked!!

Unknown said...

This is great! I just got a chance to redecorate when I went to college, but unfortunately college is expensive so all my knick-knacks are from the flea market!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I have yellow walls in my house, it's about picking the right yellow...canary yellow isn't too intense but it's stil pretty. AND you could have art from Urban. Which I also have.

Mash said...

Oh dear I love what you choose it's fabulous , love it &hearts :) i m in love with those pillows .

Mash said...

oh I forgot you have been tagged , check out my blog for more informations :)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Your room will be so cool if you add all those quirky touches.

hannah said...

i love the art. i just redid my room, and my tip is to buy old movie posters from allposters.com or art.com and frame them. they look very chic. good luck!

peace