Thursday, January 10, 2008

Join The Green Team

So here's something interesting. With all the hoopla about "going green" the next thing to jump on the band wagon has been the Air Jordan XX3's. It is made with sustainable materials (in other words environmentally friendly materials). It can be called the first "green" shoe in the sports footwear category.

On Jan. 25th, 23 retailers will each receive 23 pairs of the Air Jordan 23s (these will sell for $230). Then a limited edition NBA all-star version will hit stores Feb. 16. Finally the national release will hit shelves Feb. 23 retailing for $185.


Personally I never been much of a Jordans fan. These aren't ugly or anything and they are trying to help the enviroment, but I know I wont be making this purchase.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I tell you...whoever thinks of these ideas (or maybe Mr. Jordan himself) is smart. They're jumping on the "green" bandwagon to maximize their profits.

Although I'm on a "quest" of going green, I know I won't buy these. To me Jordans were always just way too overpriced and overrated. Like you said they're not ugly or anything but...