Thursday, January 17, 2008

Art and Life

So I just got this really random email to check out this online exhibit. This was the description I was given:

A strange population has invaded the city. Most of them spend their day watching what's happening in the streets. Everyone seems frozen in a posture. Most often standing, sheltered behind large plate glass windows. Some lower their eyes, others seem to be watching you stubbornly. Sometimes they smile. They remain however discreet, staying behind the sidewalk. Although they were unknown, their silhouettes become familiar over the meetings. We can see a wide variety of profiles. However, they are all beautiful... Who are these thousands of people that we crossed in the street without ever truly meet them? How the appearances build our judgments? What self-image we feel in watching others? How fashion dresses our gaze? The "beautiful attitude" to fill the emptiness of our relationships? It's also an experimental work on light and color.

After reading this I came to the conclusion that they were talkin about mannequins. I dunno, I got a bit confused. Anyway I went to the site and found some really interesting pictures. Here are some of my favorites.



These are from the Body Buildings Collection






These are from the Heads In Trees Collection





These are from the Sexy Collection




And these are from the Strange Collection




You can visit the exhibition online at Paris People

12 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Those are very interesting and that e-mail would def. throw me for a loop. I would probably have deleted, but I am glad you did not.

Mash said...

Strange email but beautiful pictures &hearts

NonchalantMod said...

def.interesting!

i find the second from the head&trees the most alluring though..

Jill said...

I love the description, it has me thinking about people I see now.

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I always delete those emails but sometimes it's worth taking a look!

Anonymous said...

Hi i just wanna tell u that i love ur blog!!
kisses
muah

SF (Candid) said...

I think the pix are cool im really diggin them...ahh the stuff ppl find on the web lol

Unknown said...

Those are gorgeous!

P. Maestro said...

interesting. . .

i thot i was nice with photoshop, but those definitely put me to shame, lol

Jello on Springs said...

ahh cool pics!

Unknown said...

Hmm lucky it wasn't a virus but this was definitely a good post...

..... said...

wow awesome pictures