Monday, December 17, 2007

La Musique à Mes Oreilles (Music to My Ears)

What I'm searching for
to tell it straight
I'm tryin to build a wall
-SantoGold (Les Artistes)

There is a wave of offbeat artist that i am IN LOVE with... I was always the N*E*R*D fan walking around singing songs like "you cant be me im a Rockstar. im running on the top of a cop car" while everyone was looking at me like i was nuts. But finally this new wave of music (i like to call it Experimental Hip Hop) seems like its here to stay. An option to the regular shoot em up' style.

My Faves Rite Now:
M.I.A.:












Santogold:










Spank Rock (although kinda filthy, his tunes are most definitely catchy):

















Kenna
:
















And of course my throwback faves:
N*E*R*D

















O how i love mus♪c ...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe they're called "New Wave" artists...there's always a new wave movement going on...new wave punk, rock- it's ametter of time that hip hop caught on...

Mz. Salsera said...

Spank Rock? lol..anyways..i agree...I like hip hop's new look..and you know what they say, Music Evolves.

matt williams said...

I love this type of music and I can't wait for Santogold's albulm to drop.