Saturday, May 31, 2008

But I Love Her...

AMY WINEHOUSE

Shes my idol! And although I know in my heart i shouldnt say that too loud or too proud, for people may think i idolize all thing negative (drugs, alcohol, making a fool of myself), but i cant help it. I absolutely LOVE Amy Winehouse. And the fact that she battles her inner demons so publicly is such a shame.

Her recent performance at the Rock in Rio Lisbon concert proves that she needs an intervention immediately.


Her obvious disregard for her career is making me extremely sad. Her music is the soundtrack to my life, and the fact that she can no longer sing those songs I love let alone create new pieces, saddens me.

This is the Amy i once adored and looked up to...


but i am now constantly having to see the 'current' Amy...withering away and slowly killing herself.

Its onlii fair that i share with you what i recently seen that made me dedicate this post to the one and only Winehouse, and that was her recent performance at Rock In Rio. Below are the videos of a once amazing rising star, on the road to failure...







Horrible. Embarrassing. Disappointing. and downright Ridiculous! I can onlii hope Amy looks in the mirror and realizes that she can get help..and its never too late for a change/intervention. As upset as it makes me, i will still always root for her.

So instead of leaving this negative imprint of my idol in all of the minds of my fellow bloggers, i will instead leave you with a lovely performance when she was still good... Enjoy!


5 comments:

Taryn said...

Amy is my idol too! But I hate what she does to herself, Im sure a lot of her fans hate what she is doing to herself. But if she doesnt hate what she is doing to herself, then she is going to be another janis joplin; young and in the grave.

As far as her music? I love voice and you can tell that she knows the hurt of a heartbreak because her lyrics are truthful, and her style is amazing to me too

Alice S. said...

That is just too sad... She makes me want to cry. I miss the "Frank" Amy. Listening to that CD reminds me of how promising she was. I hope she can recover.

Chelsea Rae said...

It sucks to see someone who has all the potential in the world, throw it away because of their demons. I also think the stress of having one's life unwillingly chronicled by the press has screwed up a lot of celebrities. We'll just have to see who is strong enough to push through this and who lets fame break them. I hope she gets better and makes and awesome record to show the world they can't control her!

p.s. Thanks for stopping by Pink Rock Candy— come back anytime!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I love her music I think it's amazing, but she has got to get it together!

Make It Happen said...

I loved Amy Winehouse so much back when she was a shining star. I appreciated her edginess and her soulful voice. To see how much damage she did to herself and voice is soo displeasing. I couldn't even understand what she was saying..or was it just me? I hope she can get help before its too late.